Host a Jam
Global Goals Jam 2023
The Global Goals Jam always takes place the weekend before UN Climate Week. This year, we will be jamming 15 to 17 September! Do you want to host a Jam?
Scroll down to see what it takes and what we work on.
Join the Train the Trainer online course and become an official organizer and/or facilitator!
In our online platform, you will get bit-sized information via videos and articles combined with reflective exercises to start understanding why, how and what the Global Goals Jam is. All in your own pace! After completion you will receive an official certificate issued by Digital Society School and Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. We ask for a one time 50 euros contribution to support the time spent on developing the course and its materials.
Organising a jam
- Facilitate a 2 day local jam with a space that can host 20 – 40 participants (or more of course!)
- Provide a contact person for this project who checks mail and Slack from May to October
- Create your local chapter on globalgoalsjam.org and provide content about your event on a dedicated website or social media channels
- Organise your own budget neutral event, but feel free to involve partners and sponsors, or ask a small fee from participants
- Connect to the Internet to be in touch with other design teams in other major cities during the Jam
- Use the Global Goals Jam’s branding and frameworks to document your process and results
- Share results under creative commons license
Become a local organiser
Interested in organising a Jam? Take a look at the Organiser Booklet for more details. Or sign up right away and join us!
Global theme in 2023
To solve the challenges of today, we need global collaboration. That’s why we every year, we select global themes for you to translate to a local context. The key insights of your Jam’s location can then be shared under this global theme, so that we can connect local findings to the global context, and start making those bigger connections!
Stay tuned to learn what theme will be chosen for this year’s edition (to be announced at the beginning of June)!
Our solutions and our technology are never neutral. How we make technology, how we conceptualize it, how we imagine where it fits into culture, and what problems it will solve when placed into product design—these are design choices that can have a deep impact on society.
In the Global Goals Jam of 2023 we are going to use a framework of human rights centered design principles to check all the solutions we come up with and make sure we have the right impact!