Do you want to build solutions to create sustainable impact in just 54-hours?
Come and participate in our very first Startup Weekend x Global Goals Jam crossover event!
In just 54-hours, co-create solutions in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that challenges everyone who attends to fall in love with the problem and design for 2030.
Over the weekend, you’ll contribute to the development of short-term interventions with long-term impact for one of the biggest challenges of this decade – climate change.
Because climate change is truly a wicked problem with an interconnected nature, you’ll be tackling a smaller focus area:
Get ready to design for Regenerative Cities! Your task will be translating these global themes (Sustainable Development Goals) to our local context:
- SDG11: Sustainable Cities & Communities
- SDG12: Responsible Consumption & Production
- SDG13: Climate Action
Designing for Regenerative Cities
How might we:
- Create a more healthy and sustainable relationship towards nature?
- Close the loops of our urban systems and communities?
- Design our cities as ecological systems, so that they not only become sustainable but actively contribute to a thriving planet?
- Kick off on Friday evening, 5PM. Hear from industry experts and leaders as they provide critical context around the problems you’ll be solving.
- Saturday morning: enjoy breakfast before launching into a morning sprint to EXPLORE THE PROBLEM. After lunch, the second sprint takes you through how to RESPOND TO THE PROBLEM.
- Sunday: discover how to COMMUNICATE YOUR PROBLEM/SOLUTION in the morning, and how to PITCH YOUR SOLUTION in the afternoon before presenting to the audience.
- Followed by drinks and celebrations!
A special guest will launch you into each sprint and mentors will be there to support you throughout the weekend. Any questions, let us know!
About the Global Goals Jam
The Global Goals Jam was founded by Marco van Hout and Gijs Gootjes of Digital Society School (DSS), Boaz Paldi, Simon van Woerden and Hana Omar of UNDP and has been further developed and coordinated by Anneke van Woerden (DSS). In the first edition in 2016, 17 cities participated, in 2017 45 cities, in 2018 75 cities, and this year we are moving to over 85 participating cities. Thousands of change makers have used our methodology and are now part of this growing learning community around the SDGs, ready to design 2030 now.
More than an event, it is a network of cities and organisations that are excited to engage their local communities to create real impact for the Global Goals.
About Startup Weekend Perth
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered citizens who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures or products. Whether participants found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, find a creative collaborator, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to have a heap of fun, and to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
Learn more and see how the event runs at https://startupweekend.org/
About our Sponsors
Murdoch x Spacecubed
Murdoch has partnered with Spacecubed to activate the CBD space through their pioneering work in Perth in bringing together business start-ups and innovators in shared spaces. The space features seminar, teaching and modern learning areas, hot desks and offices that will allow staff, students and alumni to meet and engage in an open and innovative way.
Western Power, a Western Australian State Government owned corporation delivers safe, reliable & affordable energy supply to the WA community.
This event is supported by City of Perth.