In 2019, 90+ cities participated connecting over 5000 change-makers. For the first time, we’ll be jamming in Perth in 2020, 19-20 September. Join us!
The Global Goals Jam is a 2 day hackathon to engage makers and designers to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals by creating short-term interventions with long-term impact.
More than an event, it is a network of cities and organisations that are excited to engage their local communities to create real impact for the Global Goals
The challenges before us are so complex that no single discipline, mindset, or expertise will be able to solve them. To address social challenges globally, we need to collaborate and learn from local ideas and solutions that are being developed across the globe.
To collaborate, we need to engage in a way that goes beyond talking, towards making and creating, in a space for people from all backgrounds who bring in their local knowledge, ensuring a bottom-up, grassroots approach.
The Global Goals Jam is part of Design Across Cultures, a global innovation chain where multidisciplinary multicultural design teams collaborate to tackle similar local challenges all over the world. Teams work in-between different cities, using the force of cultural differences and similarities as a design strategy.
- 2 days in the weekend before Climate Week in September
- local challenges related to one of the Global Goals, co-created with the local community and industry
- multidisciplinary teams of creatives, researchers and sustainability experts
- short design sprints (4 sprints divided over 2 days)
- Global Goals Jamkit with methods and tools to guide the design process
- Process and results are shared so that the community can build upon each other’s work