Global Goals Jam 2021 Online – 5th Anniversary Asia Trans-local Challenge
Last year, due to COVID-19, the GGJ community in Fukuoka and Kyoto changed the holding method to online and sought a method of regional cooperation that connects participants from all over the world.
In 2021, FabCafe Kuala Lumpur together with Impact Hub KL will join the GGJ community in Fukuoka and Kyoto to host the 2021 jams called the 5th Anniversary Asia Trans-local Challenge. We will connect Asian cities and hold cross-regional workshops as an attempt to take advantage of the full online environment. Taking up challenges from Fukuoka, Kyoto, Yamaguchi, Oita, Kagoshima and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – the challenges are focusing on each local issue and sharing the perspectives of the stakeholders of the issue.
In this workshop, we will introduce a “project owner system” in which participants can choose the challenge they would like to solve that is related to the SDGs (UN’s Sustainable Development Goals).
Here are 6 challenges given by the 6 project owners:
- What is a society where everyone can learn by self-selection not just in school?
- What kind of inclusive play can everyone enjoy together?
- How can we create a mechanism to positively change the relationship between cities and rural areas?
- How can the circular economy be implemented in society?
- How can we reverse destructive development, restore and reinstate locality and places for all (people & natural habitat)?
- How to change people’s awareness of waste disposal and stop the destruction of landfills?
This Japan-Malaysia crossover allows us to collaborate and co-create solutions in a multidisciplinary team of people with diverse backgrounds and knowledge! We need to engage in a way that goes beyond talking, towards making and creating, in a space for people from all backgrounds who bring in their local knowledge, ensuring a bottom-up, grassroots approach.