2020 has been a year of great social, environmental and economic transformations! 2020 has made us aware of the importance of an effective and equitable healthcare system for all. It opened the eyes of many to the urgency of protecting the environment and slowing down climate change. Last – but not least – it made us talk about sustainable economic progress and showed us how much sustainable progress depends on the wellbeing of people and the planet.
As these topics are still hot in everyone’s minds, tini studio and morgenmakers would like to invite to join the Eindhoven Global Goals Jam 2020 on 18th and 19th of September.
With the kind sponsorship of Gemeente Eindhoven and The Art of Living we are organising an hybrid event in different inspiring locations in Eindhoven and online. On Friday 18th each team will brainstorm on a different topic or challenge related to the SDGs (check the challenges below!). On Saturday 19th all the teams will come together online for wonderful keynotes and to present to each other the results of the work!To participate in one of the co-creations, book your free ticket for one of the challenges below:
1) Food – the touchpoint between health and environment by Studio Silver, Eindhoven University of Technology – online. In The Netherlands, 1.6 million people suffer from cardiovascular diseases (CVD). These diseases can be prevented with healthy eating habits. But what does ‘eating healthy’ mean? This team will brainstorm on concepts, services and/or strategies around healthy nutrition to prevent CVD and the relationship between healthy food with the environment.
2) Preventing isolation in (dementia) care homes by Studio Silver, Eindhoven University of Technology – online. Elderlies are one of the most vulnerable groups to Covid-19. During the healthcare crisis, they have been advised to physically and socially isolate, leading to a lack of physical activities and fewer interactions. This issue affects care home residents and even more those affected by dementia. This team will brainstorm on concepts, services and/or strategies to prevent and reduce isolation in care homes with the option of focusing on more vulnerable residents, such as dementia patients.
3) Who cares for the carers? by Studio Silver, Eindhoven University of Technology – online
Caregivers’ wellbeing can be affected by high levels of work related stress, both mental and physical. When the current healthcare crisis hit, caretakers in care homes have been presented with the additional challenge of continuing their caring duties, while also preserving their own health and safety. This team will brainstorm on concepts, services and/or strategies to support caretakers prevent and release work related stress.
4) Solar energy: a bright path towards a sustainable future by ZLTO – in person meeting.
ZLTO Someren is an association of 13000 farmers and gardeners from Noord Brabant, Zeeland and South Gelderland. ZTLO supports a broad sustainability agenda in the agricultural sector. Together with ZLTO, this team will brainstorm solutions and strategies on how to deploy solar panels in rural areas in order to deliver value to multiple stakeholders: the farmers, the citizens of Someren, the local municipality and the local energy cooperation.
5) Sectie-C and Sustainability: a Green Plan strategy by Sectie-C Stichting – in person meeting. Sectie-C is a “limitless domain merging independent thinkers and authentic doers within a unique, organic culture.” The Sectie-C terrain needs a strategy to become more environmentally sustainable while delivering value to its community and the landowners. This team will co-create with LAB-C, a creative collective based on Sectie-C, solutions and strategies for a Green Plan for the terrain.
6) Incentivising SDGs activities for the public by SEDGE – in person meeting. A 1.5 meter society should not prevent the public from engaging in SDGs activities. This team will co-create together with SEDGE on possible solutions and strategies to engage the greater public in face-to-face SDGs initiatives to keep raising awareness and pushing the SDGs agenda forward!
7) Challenge by Philips – online: to be announced
8) Challenge by Antea Group – online: to be announced
Here an oversight of the two days:
09:00-09:30 Kick off and Intro
09:30-09:45 Ice-breaking activity
09:45-10:30 Localizing global challenges
10:30-11:00 Mind Matters Workshop by The Art of Living
11:00-12:00 Insights sense making
12:45-13:45 Problem solving and strategizing
14:00-15:00 Embodying solutions
15:15-16:00 Meditation session by The Art of Living
16:00-17:00 Validating & preparing the slides
13:00-13:15 Kick-off & Intro by organizers & few words from sponsors
13:15-13:30 Keynote from International Organisation of Human Values
13:30-13:45 Keynote from Mirjam van Laarhoven
13:45-14:15 Breathe your way to success – workshop by The Art of Living
14:30-14:45 Team 1 Presentations + Questions
14:45-15:00 Team 2 Presentations + Questions
15:15-15:30 Team 3 Presentations + Questions
15:30-15:45 Team 4 Presentations + Questions
16:00-16:15 Team 5 Presentations + Questions
16:15-16:30 Team 6 Presentations + Questions
16.30 – 16.45 Break
16:45-17:00 Team 7 Presentations + Questions
17:00-17:15 Team 8 Presentations + Questions
17.15 -17:30 Closing comments
We look forward to seeing you all there! Stay tuned for info about location for in-person meetings and access to digital brainstorms!
The Eindhoven Global Goals Jam Team 2020,
Tini studio & morgenmakers